The principal director is Andrew Huckbody whose CV andrewhuckbodyQ12021 is here.
See also news/Blog for more detail.
Huckbody Environmental has been operating since 2002 and is led by Andrew Huckbody, who as of 2020 has 35 years’ expertise across 40 countries, which is outlined below:
- Botany BSc (hons) 1985, with decades of experience of survey and evaluation of terrestrial, coastal & marine habitats in temperate, sub-Saharan Africa, South America and other tropical environments
- Botanical, mammal, bird, herpetofauna surveys including UK protected species eg great crested newt, bats, dormouse, otter, natterjack toad; and chimpanzee, bats, mangrove, coral reef and critical habitat (PS6) in Africa and other notable species in South America.
- Recognised expert in delivery of PS6, Critical Habitat, with development of Biodiversity Management and Action Plans and Net Gain for large scale mining and pipeline projects in West and East Africa.
Environmental Impact Assessment
- Set up & managed large teams and supervised international consultants conducting EIAs of major highway projects and motorways, cross country & international pipelines, oil refineries and oil & gas infrastructure, flood and coastal defence, large scale mining with sizeable road, rail and port components.
- A recognised international expert in EIA and ESMS and development and implementation of environmental and social management plans during construction and into operations.
On site construction
- Over 17 years’ experience of being site based during construction of large scale infrastructure projects eg mining, pipelines, highways, rail and ports; examples include management of: Jamuna multipurpose Bridge in Bangladesh; BP/BTC oil and gas pipelines; National Grid for the Milford Haven to Gloucester high pressure gas pipelines; General Manager Environment for African Minerals for a new large scale iron ore mine, rail and port operation in Sierra Leone; General Manager Environment in Burkina Faso and Cote d’Ivoire for a new large mine and rail operation.
- Managing teams of site environmental and social inspectors delivering the requisite mitigation, adhering to legal, IFI standards and planning conditions. Working with construction managers and site crews supervising operations to ensure compliance to performance standards; typically 12 hr days on site, resident in construction camps.
- Management of all environmental aspects such as water pollution, noise and waste; design and supervision of mitigation including translocation of hedgerows, woodlands, sensitive grasslands, macro-turfing, wetlands and design and installation of reinstatement and erosion measures.
- Design construction and operation of large waste facilities; management of tailings storage facilities and extensive erosion control and revegetation in West Africa.
Environmental and Social Safeguards expert
- E&S expert appointed direct for World Bank (WB) as an STC; call off contract held since 2008. Undertaken numerous inputs direct for WB including EIA, RPF and Resettlement Action Plan for the 1035 km highway from China to Russia through Kazakhstan; Regional Environmental Assessment of the CASA-1000 Project a $900 Million infrastructure development in Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Afghanistan and Pakistan; and a construction HSE on site audit in Tajikistan of the Rogun hydropower project, at the time the highest dam in the world, with resettlement of >30,000 people.
- Establishing offices, building and managing teams in Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia and Turkmenistan as Project Manager for EU TACIS.
Our aim is to be responsive and innovative in providing worldwide health, safety, & environmental (HSE) services to meet the complex problems that face business today and into the future.